Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Expo Caguas in Puerto Rico

I am here in Puerto Rico about to rush of for the opening of the grand Expo Caguas 2009. I'll keep you updated. Got to run!!!

So it's day 1 of the Expo Caguas here in Puerto Rico. I rushed out earlier (actually this morning) because the bus was here to take us to Centro de Bellas Artes Center. The Potter's house is part of the OECS contingent of manufacturers displaying products here at the Expo.

Upon my arrival in PR yesterday, we were taken to the Center and I immediately did my booth setup. I had packed two boxes of some of the work I produced over the last few months. I think it was a good cross section of work from both myself and my partner. I was a bit afraid that I would have a skimpy display but as it turns out the space assigned to me was much smaller than I anticipated, or should I say what I expected.

Today was generally interesting. The opening ceremony was short and impressive. The Prime Minister of St. Kitts-Nevis is also here. Actually we sat almost next to each other on the flight over to PR. He and the Mayor of San Caguas visited all the booths immediately after the formal opening ceremony. He seemed very impressed with my booth set-up and my work in general. He happily showed me off to the Mayor...something about being St. Kitts famous Potter...

I met with a Puerto Rican Potter who is doing some fantastic work. I will post his website later and say a bit more. Right now I am going to have a well needed soak in the hotel pool, then I amm of to a reception where the SKN Prime Minister is to give a feature address. Just decided to stop at the PC to share here!!

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment