Friday, September 18, 2009

ready...set...go

Okay. I am writing tonite to ease my way to punching these keys to say something which may or may not make sense.

In the last week I have had to opportunity to spend time glazing pottery. I had two successful glaze firings which I did up at The Crafthouse. Yes St. Kitts has a place to 'fire' up pottery. So.... having moved house and studio, I didn't have to worry about getting my work completed. In the weeks prior to moving, I made as much pottery as possible. I think I did about two bisque firings before leaving my old studio at Camps. I knew from past experieince that moving would lose me time getting my kiln set up. At some point the idea hit me to call the GM at The Crafthouse and ask about the cost of firing a kiln load. The price was quite affordable. Then I had another brainwave.....why not take all the bisque pottery to The Crafthouse and do the process of designing and glazing the pottery there. So I did! I spent three days designing and glazing the pottery, to fill the two loads. I am so relieved that I now have some new pieces to show. I must give thanks to a little lady from Canada, who came to visit the island and somehow found me...she said she has read 'all' about me...so I guess she read this blog too....anyway 'Jewel' thanks for the time you spent assiting me and for the new designs you were able to add to my existing collection. Now I am set to go! I sell again, to produce again, to be creative!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment