Friday, August 26, 2011

the workshop is in full swing....day 7 and 8






I am tres exhausted.....teaching pottery saps ones energy. There are times I feel totally at peace while teaching, but at other times it is exhausting. How do I impart information so as to get through to the participants. Some are experiencing, for just a moment how to center a lump of clay on the wheel. It is a quick moment, but it's difficult to recognize. Learning the wheel takes time!

I have given projects which has allowed them to practice the various handbuilding techniques. Making bird, building houses proved to be good creative projects once again. They spent time cleaning and refining the pieces. I stressed the need for pieces to look like they can be bought by the person who made them.

Today, day 8, they got to play with colour....glazing the pieces which had been fired. They also got to take turns on the wheel again. I have each partcipant practice with 1 ball of clay....it may or not survive to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment