Saturday, August 29, 2009

Change is a must...We are moving!!!

In Febuary of 1999, I started 'The Potter's House' on the West Bay road, here in Basseterre, St. Kitts. I had been making pottery since 1993 and used the name 'Pottery Creations by Carla'. Ever since I began making pottery I worked from home. I moved to Camps Estate House in 2004. I just realised that major change came at a five year interval. So now five years later , I am going through the biggest change both on a personal and career level. What do I do? The time has come to move. It was extremely difficult to find the right place. I wanted to grab at anyplace where I could continue as I always had...live, work and play! The universe was demanding that I change and I tried my best to continue as always. Well, I have finally given in to the natural course of things. I have found a place to live. My daughters and I will be living in a place which is quiet but the view and the sound of the ocean is exactly what my soul requires. I am happy that I will live for a while in such a place.

Careerwise, I will be moving The Potter's House to Spencer Cameron Building on West Independance Square, at the heart of St. Kitts historic district. I will be working and displaying my pottery in one of the rooms on the first floor of the building. Other artisans and artists, including Rosie Cameron herself, Glass Island are already occupying some of the rooms in the Building. I think Rosie Cameron has hit on a great idea to get some of us under one roof. I gave this alot of thought. Sometimes I wanted to do it and other times I didn't. Tonight, as I sat on the verandah, breathing in the clean, fresh evening air, I received the message loud and clear that this is what I should do and this is how to do it. So I am doing it! I am making the change! I have been packing for days now. And Steve has been using the jeep to move the boxes into my new home. By next week Tuesday I will be fully installed there. Hopefully, I will be able to focus on setting up the gallery space within the next couple weeks, so as to be ready for the upcoming visitor season.

Early this morning, we fired up the kiln at this location for the last time. Both Steve and I had worked on creating pieces over the last couple weeks. He packed the kiln and fired it up. By late this afternoon the firing was complete. We will be packing, dismantling, moving and reinstalling over the next few days...I may be out of touch due to untility transfers. I'll be back as soon as possible.

Peace and thanks for all you who have supported my in my search.

No comments:

Post a Comment